Friday 12 November 2010

Matthew West - The Story of Your Life

If you're looking for a unique Christian artist whose approach is personal, loving and challenging - then we've got the guy for you.

Matthew West - beautiful in voice and sincerity - has recently released his new album which is based entirely on the lives and situations of others. After asking fans to submit their stories of pain, struggles, hopes and celebrations, Matthew recieved thousands of letters from people all over the world. Dedicated to his task, he spent two months in solitude at a cabin just outside of Nashville, TN reading through each personal story. Using the inspiration he found in these pages, he went on to write 11 moving and personal songs.

This is what Matthew said about his experience:

"During those months, my eyes were opened to see the world outside my door like I had never witnessed before. It was as if a veil had been lifted, allowing me a rare look into the lives of everyday people. I read joyful stories about adoption and cancer survivors. I read heart-breaking stories of abuse and broken homes. And with every look into someone's life, something began to stir in my own"

MY OWN LITTLE WORLD

One of our favourite songs on the album is My Own Little World, which is featured here as a video. If you only do one thing today, make sure you watch it - the lyrics are stirring and the melody is gorgeous. I guaratee you'll want to watch it again and again.

This CD, The Story of Your Life, is available now from all Quench stores at £12.99

No comments:

Post a Comment